Thursday, February 22, 2007

Yes, I would like cheese with my "whine"....











I am feeling the urge to whine a bit......

First of all, Why is my house always grand central station??? Why do all the kids have to come here and play. ( play = another word for, make the house look like a hurricane hit.) Ok, danielle has some friends that once in awhile let her go over to their house, but let me tell ya, they are few and far between. Who nominated me to be the babysitter of every neighborhood kid?? I'd be rich if I was getting paid for this. (don't take this as I don't like kids, I love kids, just not every fricken day, people.)

Why do I volunteer for crap I don't even want to do??? I got a call from the children's library lady where I work ( very part-time) and after I got off the phone with her, I realized that I had just agreed to go to every daycare in this fricken town and read stories and sing songs like "the wheels on the bus" and do self-puppet shows like " where is thumb kin" to all the happy little runny nosed kids there. What???? I did what??? I am gonna do what??? I don't even think I have ever done "where is thumb kin" with Danielle. Ok, maybe I have. But not in a public place when every single eye is right on you. I can't believe I agreed to this. Let it be known that I have already had like 2 sleepless nights over this. I wake up sweating like a pig just thinking about it. And no, I'm not just practicing being the pig in "the big bad wolf" story. Although, I probably could use the practice..........

Why am I the one who has to plan out every single family function in order "not" to hurt any ones itty bitty feelings. I mean, why do I have to worry about it??? Did I sign up for this? Ok, my parents don't do wonderful when they are in the same room. So why do I fricken care. Why. How come I just can't do like the rest of them and not loose any sleep over whether so and so gets one more hour of Christmas family time than the other. I mean, good grief, who made me in charge of all the "arrangements". Actually, I am not quite sure they even know I am making arrangements. I think that they think everything just falls in to place perfectly because of....................fate???? Give me a break people. I have spent tons of time going over different scenarios trying to make everything work out just peachy so that no one has a bad day. Well, I just figured out that one person still has a bad day. Who could it be???? Why, I think it is me. So how's that workin' for me???? Not too well, I have to admit.

Ok, I feel so much better. Now that I have vented, I will go pour me a big glass of cheap red wine. My favorite. Oh, and I will slice up some cheese to go with it.

2 Yorum var:

Lynsey said...

Oh jeez, you have to do what?! Sing to daycare kids? Dont they have employees to do that?!?! I'm sure you'll do fine...just have a couple drinks first. :-)

Kelli said...

Good idea. I need all the advice I can get. This was all someone at the libraries bright idea. They were trying to find a way to get the little ones interested in reading so their parents would bring them to the library. I just don't know how I got stuck with the singing crap!!!!!