Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Playdates and Alcohol


I have been browsing around different blogs lately, and I have seen alot of comments about this topic that was discussed last week on the "Today" show. They were discussing how some moms had chosen to add drinks to their playdates with the neighborhood moms and their kids. This is stirring up a bunch of different opinions. As you can only imagine.

Ok, so here, I'll put my two cents in........

I have had a drink at a playdate. "A drink" is the key word. A simple glass of red wine. I did not get sloshed. This playdate also was next door, so I did not have to drive home, I just had to stumble. Joking.

Also, I have good memories of playing with my friends and relatives while my parents were getting "drunked" up with the other parents. Hey, we got away with alot more after the parents had a few!!!! :-)

So, I don't think this is a huge deal. I don't feel like me or the other moms that have had a drink at a playdate were being irresponsible. Heck, it helps ease the stress of thinking about the huge mess we are gonna have to clean up after the kids get done fingerpainting the walls, linoleum, bathroom, windows, doors, etc.......Not to mention spilling their kool-aid all over everything in sight. Good grief people, a moms gotta do what a moms gotta do. Don't judge us till you've been there. The only thing I regret is that the last playdate I attended was like..................3 years ago.

2 Yorum var:

Lynsey said...

No kidding! There's a difference between having a couple drinks and getting absolutely so trashed that you can't take your kid home! A mom's gotta relax too! My playdates will rock then...I'll have margaritas mixing in the kitchen and beer chilling in the cooler on the patio. :-)

Kelli said...

Hey, you've got the idea!!!! I'll tell ya from experience, sometimes you need a stiff drink at a playdate. That's for sure.