Saturday, February 17, 2007

Eating out.....


Why can't I just have a pleasurable experience at a fast food restaurant. Maybe I am just asking too much. Maybe it is a sign that I need to just drive right past them and fight my temptation to eat a yummy "big mac" or "regular" (at arbys). Although, my last experience could actually pass as good, OR bad. Let me explain......

My mom and I are sitting in Arbys, enjoying ourselves, eating our food, and after I was about half done, the older guy in the table behind us, started coughing. Yes, I know, sometimes you need to cough, but this was just.......Way past that. He just kept on coughing this awful, yucky sounding cough. I was thinking, "Jesus, go outside and let us finish stuffing our faces, already". But, he didn't. So, after about 3 of these "episodes", I wrapped my food up, put it on the tray, and sadly threw it in the trash can.

So, the bad part about this experience is, I was enjoying my food, until I lost my appetite and had to throw it away. The good part is, I lost my appetite before I stuffed myself into feeling totally full and miserable, like I usually would do.

This experience has made me try, to always see "good" part of a bad situation. There. I did.

2 Yorum var:

Lynsey said...

Eeewww gross, I know what you mean! How can you finish your food knowing that the guy behind you is busy making all of his germs airborne! I would've left too. He should've stepped outside though...I had a coughing fit in the office once and I took it outside, it's the right thing to do!

Kelli said...

I agree. I mean, everyone coughs. But god, I was trying to eat for crying out loud, take it outside.