Monday, February 19, 2007

Sea of Red


The sea of red I am talking about is the view we had from our seats at none other than.......The Kennel, at Gonzaga University. Yep, we were there. We were there when the 2 seniors played their last minutes on their home court. We were there when it was 2 minutes till the start of the game and the student section was jumping up and down, screaming, clapping and getting ready for the game beginning tip-off. We were there to hear the roar of the crowd as Gonzaga entered the McCarthey Athletic Center and they were in the mood to WIN. It was awesome. Joe, Danielle, a friend from Joe's work and my mom and I were lucky enough to get 5 tickets to the game that every Zag fan wanted to be a part of. I will tell ya, I could have sold those tickets for 5 times what I paid for them, but if you felt what we felt as the team ran out on the floor, you'd know why I didn't. WE WERE THERE.
Don't even ask me how I got the tickets. It's kinda like how you can never ask my grandpa where his favorite huckleberry picken' spot is, you just can't give it away......

Also, I'm gonna miss seeing Derek Raivio playing with the team next year. Hey, what can I say, I felt a tiny connection to the guy. His family has ties to the same neck of the woods I do, yep, none other than the little town of Mullan. So, us Mullanite's have loved watching him play along with the Zags. Yep, Mullan knows how to grow 'em.

:-)

2 Yorum var:

Lynsey said...

Sounds like FUN!!! We love going to BC games, it's like Christmas for Matt, sitting in the stands, watching the maroon and gold!

Kelli said...

I know, it's too bad it's coming to an end for basketball.....I'm not sure if the Zags are gonna get into the tournament or not......I'll keep my fingers crossed. Hey, you could keep yours crossed too.....we need all the help we can get!!
:-)