Thursday, February 15, 2007

Time.......




We all need more of it. Well, I guess I can only speak for myself. It's funny, it seems like after you have kids, time goes by like twice as fast as it did before you had them. Why is that. I mean, before Danielle and during my school days, time seemed to just drag on. I can remember just hoping for time to go by faster so I could graduate high school, then graduate college, then get married, then have kids, and to tell you the truth, the first few months after I had danielle time seemed a bit slow also. But my mom and other family members kept telling me to cherish every moment, because one day I would look back on it and it would seem like one day disappeared into the next way to fast. It is true. But when she was a baby it would seem like an eternity when she cried. Joe and I would take turns walking with her, rocking with her, trying to comfort her, and it seemed nothing helped, and it seemed she would cry forever, and we were both looking at each other to do something, and then finally, she would fall asleep. But those were the months that seemed to go on and on, at the time. But now, as I look back, it seems like they only lasted minutes. It's funny how your brain works.


So I sit here wondering how we have covered the last eight years of her life in what seems like 1 or 2 years in my head. Are the next 10 going to go as fast? Unfortunately, everyone has told me that yes, they will go just as fast.


She has changed so much in the last couple of months that sometimes I don't even notice it until I take a picture of her and really look at it. When her school picture came back I looked at it and could not believe how much she is changing. And it's all happening right before my eyes. So why is it that it is so hard for me to see? I don't know, maybe it's because it's kind of gradual when she is right in front of you all the time. But, it's still happening. So, I got the camera out, and I plan to start taking pictures more often, so I can try to capture a little bit of time, and make it stop, for a moment, or two......

2 Yorum var:

Lynsey said...

Dont make me cry you fool! But I know what you mean! My Dad sent me some of Randys senior pictures and let me tell you, I almost lost it. I can't believe my little guy is going to be 18 years old in 2 months. Stop the time! It just goes by tooooo fast!

By the way, Danielle is BEAUTIFUL. You and Joe certainly "done good" with her.

Kelli said...

What a great picture of Randy, also. It's really hard to believe he is almost 18. Crazy, just crazy......