Saturday, January 06, 2007

Update: The Heaven I'm Headed to

Check out this email I got today.......
I was testing the children in my Sunday school class
to see if they understood the concept of getting to heaven.
I asked them,
"If I sold my house and my car,
had a big garage sale and gave all my money to the church,
Would that get me into Heaven?"
"NO!" the children answered."
If I cleaned the church every day,
mowed the yard, and kept everything neat and tidy,
would that get me into Heaven?"
Again, the answer was, "NO!"
By now I was starting to smile.
Hey, this was fun!
"Well, then, if I was kind to animals
and gave candy to all the children,
and loved my husband,
would that get me into Heaven?" I asked them again.
Again, they all answered, "NO!"
I was just bursting with pride for them.
"Well," I continued, "then how can I get into Heaven?"
A five-year-old boy shouted out,
"YOU GOTTA BE DEAD."
I thought this was super cute. A friend forwarded it to me, and I wanted to post it because of the previous post I did about heaven and who gets to go.

0 Yorum var: