Friday, January 12, 2007

Price check on register 7


Why is it that almost every time I head to check out at a store, I have an issue with a price on an item. Ok, I should re-phrase that, THEY have an issue with a price on an item. Sometimes it even happens with more than one item!!!

So, here's what happened today......

I head to the store I usually shop at. I shop around for items like, birthday presents, school supplies, etc. So, I get up to the register and I set all of my items on the shelf. Well, here's where we encounter a problem: some of the items are on clearance. So, she starts ringing them up and the first two items come up with the marked down clearance price. (Hooray!!!) But, the third one comes up at regular price. So I stop and point it out to the "not so friendly" checker/manager- want-to-be lady. She says, "oh, well, this is from electronics and I can't do anything about the price mix-up."

OK, first of all, it wasn't from electronics, it was from toys. Second of all, she threw the item in the "go back" basket and I was like...."Hey, I want to buy that." She could have cared less. So I said "I will just finish paying for all these other items and then go to customer service and figure it out. " She looks at me with a look like she thinks I am gonna take the item and walk out of the store without paying for it. So, she doesn't give me the toy. So I tell her again that I want it. Then she says " I will walk it back to electronics myself, when I go on break." So, I was irritated and didn't feel like waiting for her break to roll around, and so I said " I'll take it back to ELECTRONICS." So, hesitantly, she gave the toy back to me. So, I left and made a B-line to customer service because I knew that electronics could not help me with my TOY. The whole time I was walking there I felt like she had video surveillance on me or something. I thought the cops were gonna rush up to me any minute. They probably had the cuffs ready.....

Anyway, I safely made it to customer service and I told the friendly customer service associate what happened and he gladly reduced my clearance item with no questions asked. (The tag on the item DID state the clearance price, so there was NO problem with the item at all) There should not have been an issue in the first place.

So, I walk out of the store and drive home, and when I get home I look at my receipt and I see that the reciept total seems higher than it should be. After looking at it closer,I find that another one of the items didn't come up as the marked-down clearance price either. And the difference is like $8.00. So, when I get done venting with you all, I am gonna have to go back to the store, put on my smiley face, and straighten that out also. Fun, Fun.

4 Yorum var:

Lynsey said...

TOTALLY relate....something always has to go wrong when I go shopping. Always. That's what we get for trying to support the economy I suppose!

Kelli said...

I know, what's up with it???? It's either the items have no tags on them or they aren't in the system or they come up totally wrong.....gosh, its frustrating!!!
I'm glad you can relate, though. Unless that sounds mean...??? :-/

Lynsey said...

just yesterday i was clothes shopping, and i get stuck behind the only a-hole in the store that needed to look for her daughter before paying...so she takes off to ask her daughter a question, never to return. Finally the guy started ringing up my stuff, she came back and had the ugliest look on her face. I was just like,WTF? Were we really supposed to bank on you coming back?!?!

Kelli said...

I know, where do these people come from???? Obviously they are NOT from North Idaho!!! lol.