Wednesday, January 17, 2007

The Big Thaw

When are we gonna get "the big thaw"???? I have been dealing with MAJOR cold temps here in North Idaho, people. It is getting a bit ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE winter. I do. But I like snow, too. Well, its too damn cold to snow. It's too damn cold to do just about anything. It has been below 0 degrees a couple of days. It has not been over like 20 degrees for weeks now. It is supposed to stay the same for atleast another week. Give me a break, weather-man. Tell me some good news.
Oh, and to top the weather situation off, our property in Prichard had another tree fall across the power line (from the neighbors property, again, I might add). So, no electricity. And, no electricity means frozen pipes. Yep, frozen pipes. So, the electric got turned back on today by "very nice and understanding Avista guy", and we turned on the heat and are hoping for the "warming of the pipes". So, we will go back to home-depot and buy our second toilet in 2 weeks, because every time the power goes out, one of the toilet's freezes and breaks. So, we will head back over there when everything warms up and pray that no pipes broke. So, Please, Mother Nature, give us that BIG THAW, like now!!!!!!!

2 Yorum var:

Lynsey said...

Jeez, sounds cold! Its finally cold here, two weeks ago it was just too warm, like 70 degrees, which meant the germs were going around crazy and everyone was getting sick. So I'm happy that it finally feels like winter here...but on the other hand I feel bad for you!! I hope it warms up a little for you guys!!!

Kelli said...

Thanks, I know I would be pissed if it was 70 degrees here right now. God, I just realized that it's not easy to please me. ( I don't want it cold, I don't want it hot.....) God, how high-maintenance am I??????