Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Certified Tax-Aide Counselor


Yep, that's gonna be my title. (well, if I passed the test I took today..) For the last 2 weeks I have been taking tax classes with the AARP to become a tax-aide volunteer. Yep, I think it is past time for me to pitch in and do some service for my community. You know, it has turned out to be harder than I thought it was, this tax stuff. You really gotta know what you are doing. Oh, and since most of my clients will be over the age of 60, I better be good with the older generation of Americans, also. I guess I am gonna be put to the test soon. Yikes!!!! I need to just remember to speak up!!!!!! I've already been told that like 20 times in 2 weeks. So, I plan to yell out the questions to my first client. Let's just hope they don't have their hearing aid on high volume....???!!!


Well, today I took my test ( Thank god for open book tests!!!) and hopefully I passed it with flying colors. One guy that has been in my class for two weeks, just got up today and announced that he is quitting. He doesn't think he'll ever "get it". I wish he knew that I have wondered that same question. But, I am still putting along. Cautiously. I just need to keep a bunch of things straight, like.......who's married to who, who gets to claim who, can you deduct this, can you deduct that, and on and on.......
No, hopefully I will learn alot and this will turn into a great experience for me. So far it has been very rewarding. I really didn't know it would take up quite this much of my time, but, it keeps me out of the shopping centers, I guess. So, it's a win, win. :-)

0 Yorum var: