Monday, January 01, 2007

The death of a Tamagachi


How many of you have heard of a Tamagachi. No, it's not some chinese new year or something. It's a dumb computerized toy for kids. I guess the purpose of it is to be kind of like a pet but it's a computerized pet that you need to take care of like you would a real pet. Well, since my daughter likes pets, and we haven't had any luck keeping fish alive, santa decided to give her this tamagachi thing. So, you watch it hatch on the screen and then it has to be fed, and given medicine, and go to the bathroom, and given attention, all that good stuff. Doesn't seem to hard, does it???? Well, news flash, its harder than you think. The thing has already died. Twice. Thank god we can make it come back to life. You have to start all over and let it hatch again, rename it, etc. Well, each day I have been "mothering" this dumb thing more than my daughter has. Just to try to keep it alive so it doesn't die again and break her little heart, again. Well, as I am typing, it is dead. And now I will quit typing and revive the dumb thing and try to take care of it a little better. For my daughter. What us parents won't do for our kids.

3 Yorum var:

Lynsey said...

what the heck is this thing? sounds interesting...i would kill it for sure.

Kelli said...

here is a picture of the crazy thing for you. We have yet to "hatch" it again. I think we are waiting until we can be better parents...????!!!!

Anonymous said...

Try telling her that if she doesn't feed it, it is going to die once and for all and then you have to throw it in the garbage.