Saturday, January 06, 2007

I'm Not Ready to Make Nice!!!!

I FINALLY got to see it!!!!! Yep, I'm talking about "Shut Up and Sing", the documentary about the Dixie Chicks and their controversial statement during a concert in london about 3 years ago. Anyway, I have been waiting for it to play around here, and it never did. I had been waiting for it to come out on video, not yet. So, I was flipping through the newspaper and looking at what was going on this weekend locally, and I saw it. The documentary was being shown in Sandpoint, for 3 nights.
So, my husband and I drove up there yesterday evening in a huge blizzard. There were winter storm warnings on the news and wind warnings, but I was going. I could have cared less that we were going to have to travel the most dangerous stretch of road in the whole state of Idaho to get there. I was going. That much I knew.
Well, the theatre it was playing in was as cool as the movie was. It was an old theatre that still "looked" old and had tons of character. It didn't sound like it is used often. It sounded like there would be about 2 more movies playing there till around April. (they must just use this place for "special occasions.., like this show")... :-).
Anyway, it was the perfect place to view this movie. We were surrounded by a bunch of mostly 50 something's that were not afraid to laugh, clap or shout with approval when they saw something they liked. Or didn't like....(for example........Some video of the President of our wonderful country, stating "Mission Accomplished" a couple of years ago....). It was awesome. I did not hear one single person disapprove of the Dixie Chicks and this film. So, anyway, we had a great time. And we talked about the show almost all the way home. Oh, and we had to drive like......35 to 40 mph. Yes, the highway was that bad. But the movie wasn't, and that's all that mattered to me.

0 Yorum var: