Saturday, March 31, 2007

OOOhhhhh, look at the pretty light..............


Here we are at the area now known as "the disaster area". Or, also known as, our river property. When we pulled up we noticed most of the snow is gone, so that means we need to buck up and get to cleaning up this mess. Looking around, I was so overwhelmed. Trees down everywhere, branches all over...............not good. So, we sat there and looked at it for awhile, and I told Joe that when he got done cutting some of the branches with the chain-saw, I would burn them. (I really don't think we want to put me in the controls of a chain-saw. First of all, those things are heavy, second of all, they are louder than hell, third, I would probably cut my leg off. Not that that ever stopped any one I know from using one. Out here in the woods, people get hurt with chainsaws on a daily basis. Just ask the Gribbles. )

Anyway, Joe carefully uses the chainsaw, and I start putting branches in these huge bonfires that we have created around our property. Normally, we only have one bonfire, but this is a special occasion, so we have two. These fires are creating so much smoke, that I thought the fire trucks would arrive at any minute, with the hoses out and ready to put out the forest fire that we must have created. But, then I remembered that we are in Prichard, Idaho.............and who knows how long it could take the emergency crews to arrive. Probably at least an hour. Definitely too late.

So, we just kept piling more flammables on the fires..... wood, brush, oil, gas........Creating a "white man's fire", as my dad would say.

So, Joe is still out there plugging away, and Danielle and I are in the house enjoying our new discovery.............We are actually connected to wireless internet up here in the boondocks. Wow, we are getting a signal from one of our neighbors, I guess. Who knew you could even GET wireless up here in the sticks!!! Anyway, we are enjoying it while we can.......lord knows it won't last for long..............unlike the pile of brush that is covering our property............

0 Yorum var: