Monday, March 19, 2007

You Find Out Who Your Friends Are............




I was listening to my good old favorite country music station, and a cool new song came on. I absolutely LOVE Tracy Lawrence, I have all of his old albums, but he just disappeared for awhile. I think I heard something about legal problems or something. Anyway, I could tell it was him just from his voice, and thanks to my car radio, it tells me who it is and what the songs name is just in case I missed it...........So, the song's name is "you find out who your friends are....". Wow. It has a super good tune to it, and I was listening to the words very carefully and they just hit home to me. It's about friends, and how sometimes you come upon bad times, and you figure out who your true friends really are. The lyrics are just sooooooo true. So, here's the chorus:




You find out who you're friends are


Some body's gonna drop everything


Run out and crank up their car


Hit the gas, get there fast


Never stop to think 'what's in it for me'


or 'it's way too far'


They just show on up with their big old heart


You find out who you're friends are






As I was listening to it, it made me think of some of the friends we have. Some of these people are family members also, but these people will literally do exactly what this song says. You need help-they are there. Bad day-they are there. Natural disaster-they are there. Need your dog watched at the last minute-they are there. Need help taking trees off a roof-they are there. Need help cutting wood-they are there. Need your child watched at the last minute-there. Need someone to help move furniture-there. Heck, even if you need bailed out of jail-they are right there. Getting into a fight-they are there sticking up for you. Death of a loved one-they are there. These people don't even think twice. They literally just come.


No, these people aren't just there when you are having good times, they are there standing in line when you are having the bad times, also. We all know the ones who are only there to have tons of fun when the going is good, but THESE people are there through the GOOD, and BAD. And let me tell you, these are the ones we want beside us when the times are good. It's just in there hearts to be there when the crappy stuff happens too. It is truly amazing. Truly humbling to me. These are the people that I look up to and hope that by their example, I am able to be that kind of friend also.


So, you all know who you are...................Thank you, we are truly blessed with your friendship.


1 Comment:

Lynsey said...

aawwwww how sweeeet!