Sunday, March 25, 2007

Iceburg, Dead Ahead........


Yep, we're going on a cruise. Alaska, here we come. We have never been on a cruise before, so those of you who have had a bad cruise experience, just keep it to yourself, would ya??? Just kidding. We would love to hear about how you almost fell overboard..............

Danielle is super excited about it. I have been showing her all the brochures and pictures I have and she just can't wait.

Oh, last weekend we were watching the titanic, she had never seen it before and it was on HBO or something, and at the end when everything was going to pot, you know, life boats, life jackets, sinking ship.........I looked over at her and she had this look of horror on her face and was like..."Mom, is that real???" And then I realized that it was probably not a good idea for her to see that show before we go on a cruise. Especially in icy waters. So, I explained to her that it was a long time ago, and stuff like that just doesn't happen any more, etc. So, now I am focusing on letting her know all the good things about cruising. Hopefully she has already forgot about that movie, and if not, we aren't going till June, so it will be "all good" by then. Poor thing.

6 Yorum var:

Lynsey said...

My in-laws did an Alaskan cruise a couple years ago, and they had the time of their lives! You're going to have such a good time. They said if they could afford it, they would do it every year! So jealous. Maybe Matt and I will do something like that for our 5 year anniversary...considering we didnt really take a real honeymoon. Hmmm, something to think about!!!

Kelli said...

You mean hangin' out in good old Northern Idaho with friends and family doesn't count for a honeymoon???? Since when???
Kidding.
Oh, that gets me really excited about the alaska thing. I am kinda scared that Joe is gonna be bored out of his mind if he isn't working 24-7........

Lynsey said...

No, trust me, if my father-in-law enjoyed himself, Joe will. You guys are going to have the time of your lives. I'm so happy for you! Take loads and loads of pictures.

LOL- my honeymoon was great so I know I shouldn't complain, but you should see the way people look at me when I tell them where we spent it! It's rather funny.

Kelli said...

Oh, I'm sure. They probably get a big kick out of it. And more so that you liked it...........

Peter N said...

Kelli, make sure the pilot hits that iceberg head-on......everything would have been OK all those years ago. And you know I'm kidding a little...and I found your blog through great Mom-to-be Lynsey.

Take care, Peter

Kelli said...

I will definately use your advice wisely, peter. :-)
Isn't lynsey great!!!!!!???? She will be the most awesome mom out there. I wonder if she would adopt me????
:-)