Saturday, March 03, 2007

Neiko's favorite toy


I am sure if you have a dog, you know what I'm talking about. Actually, I believe the same thing applies to young kids.......

Neiko's favorite toy is not one of the "doggie" toys that we have carefully selected for him from a pet shop. These include, special chew toys, special toys that are supposed to clean his teeth, balls, ropes, etc. Nope, these really don't spark his interest. The ones that he wants are the ones that aren't even toys to start with. He absolutely loves cups. Small cups. He will play with them forever. Sometimes he loses these cups underneath our coffee table, and he is a little too big to crawl under there and get them, so after a couple minutes of trying to reach it, he gives up.

So this morning, we noticed that his favorite cup was underneath the coffee table. We got it out of there and he immediately started playing with it. He was so happy to have it. So, thirty minutes later, he still had the cup. He was still playing with it. We were all talking to him like " Oh, Neiko, you just love your little toy, don't ya, boy..." "Oh Neiko, you are so happy with the toy, huh, boy..." etc. So, the phone rang and it was my mom. And I was filling her in about the cup, and about how happy neiko was to have it back. I was like " he just hasn't let it go since we got it out from under the table. " I thought this was super cute and kept on talking to my mom. Finally Danielle went over to Neiko because she was gonna play with him and the toy. Upon closer examination, she realized that the cup had a small crack in the bottom and it was actually stuck to his toe nail. It would not come off. He couldn't let it go even if he wanted to. So, I felt really bad because I was totally oblivious to the fact that this cup was actually attached to his foot. Luckily, we only had to perform a small surgical procedure to remove the apparatus from his foot....( just kidding...) But, it's really too bad he can't talk. I'm sure he was probably thinking......" Are you guys really that stupid???? The toy is fricken STUCK to me!!! Help me!!!. I HATE this toy!!!!
Sorry Neik........

2 Yorum var:

Lynsey said...

OMG That's hysterical Kel!!! Poor little guy, was just trying to get rid of the damn thing.

Kelli said...

I know. I guess we should have taken classes on dog care or something?????????????/