Monday, March 12, 2007

Hello, from the top of the world...........


Here's Danielle and Neiko, sitting on a rock, at the top of Whitebird Pass, about 1 hour out of Lewiston, Idaho. I had to have Joe pull over and take advantage of the great photo-op. So, there they are.

Update on Boise Invention Convention:

We went, we had tons of fun checking out all of the cool exhibits that they have there at the Discovery Center of Idaho, and of course, all of the cool inventions!!! That's the good news. Now for the bad news.........Danielle did not win. I know, it is awful. Unfortunately, I spent so much time trying to prepare my daughter for this terrible moment, that I forgot to prepare myself. As I realized that the hope in her eyes was fading away, I just about lost it. The only reason that tears didn't fall continuously from my eyes, was that I knew it might crush her. She was a trooper. She got up, made a comment about how she wished she could have won, and asked if we could go see some of the exhibits that we had not seen yet. What??? Where did I get this strong child??? I know for sure that I would not have handled that situation as bravely as she did when I was a kid. Actually, I know that I did not handle the situation as bravely as she did as an adult. Wow. I really was impressed. I still have a lump in my throat just thinking about it.

So, as I am writing this, I am NOT crying, (because she is in the room next to me), but I am starting to get a "momma bear" attitude. I wanted to protect my "cub" from getting hurt. I wasn't able to. But I am so proud of her. I really couldn't be more proud of her even if she would have won. She has already won first prize, as far as I am concerned.

Darn those other talented kids, anyway. Why couldn't they have been home with the flu or something!!!!! Just kidding...................really.

2 Yorum var:

Lynsey said...

Aawwwww, bummer that she didn't win!!! I was hoping for that! :(
You're right, she handled it much better than you and I would've! We would've thrown huge shit-fits and threatened to put a curse on whoever won! :-)

Oh well, atleast she tried and I'm proud of her anyway!!!

Kelli said...

Thanks lyn. I think she has went on with her life.......It's me who is still PO'd about it!!!!
:-)