Wednesday, March 07, 2007

The story of the cell phone from hell.........


Yep, I have come to the conclusion that that is what it is. We got Danielle a cell phone about 3 months ago and she was just loving life. She carried it everywhere. She listened to the ring tones for about 4 hours per day.............just going through each and every irritating one, over and over.

You know, her phone has like 3 times the ring tones as mine does. Go figure. Circus music, nascar noise, loud tones, soft tones, jingles, can-can's, you get the picture...........

So, she had about 200 minutes to start with. We explained to her that she shouldn't use them all at once, because we were not going to buy more until like, two months or something. So thank god they were not charging minutes to listen to ring tones. Oh, and if you don't buy minutes every 60 days, I think you loose them and stuff like that. So, after about 3 weeks, she had only used about 7 minutes. She was quite the responsible cell phone user. She got all her kicks out of listening to the ring tones...............Cheap entertainment.

Anyway, about 4 weeks into it, she lost her phone. Now, if you know me, and you know my house, you will know that this is a bad thing. I was thinking there was no possible way this phone would ever show up again. Oh, and no.........we couldn't just call it, because responsible cell phone user had it turned off in order to save the battery. So, I searched her entire room. This was not fun at all. I found tons of stuff that I would never want to find again. Sticky suckers, tons of MC D's toys, garbage, dog treats, dirty laundry, but no phone. So I searched the basement. I also found tons of yucky stuff. I believe I found enough popcorn under the cushions of our couch to feed an entire family in Africa for like a year. At least. But no phone.

So a month later I was cleaning out my car. I know, I probably should do this more than once a month.....and there it was. The cell phone was just laying on the floor in between the seat and the door. Luckily the thing didn't fall out of the car!!! Or maybe not????

So, for 2 weeks I have been trying to reactivate this phone from hell. I have been online, and as I am almost ready to close the transaction, a screen pops up and says..." We're sorry, your reactivation process has had a problem. Please call 1-800.....eat-crap and we will be happy to assist you. " So, I call the number, I enter in 30 digit codes for like 20 minutes, just to find out that I don't have all the codes I need. So I try to get to an operator, and let me tell you , this is nearly impossible. After holding for like 30 minutes, I get a friendly-Pakistani-lady, and I couldn't understand a single word she said, and then I realized I just told her it was ok to put me on hold. What???? No.........( I try to say ) But, she already did it. And then the elevator music starts up again and about 4 seconds later, the call is disconnected. It figures. If I could just see these people in person, I swear I would pull out my umbrella on them. My really big umbrella.

2 Yorum var:

Lynsey said...

Oh I know..its impossible to get anyone human on the phone these days that speaks ENGLISH!!! Its absurd!!!

Kelli said...

Yep, that's what america is coming to I guess. I soppose I wouldn't care if they could speak the english I understand!!!