Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Happy Birthday Daddy.............


These days I mostly call him dad. But, on my bad days, I revert back to "daddy". You know how it is girls, even when your all grown up, he's still your "daddy". Especially when you need a shoulder to cry on.

So, its his 56th birthday today, and I just want him to know how lucky I am to be his daughter. I truly am blessed. After all these years, we have still remained so close. His burdens are mine, mine are his. We each want the best for each other, we truly have a connection that I think not many fathers and daughters have. He probably knows me better than anyone, and knows how my day has been before I even tell him. And I can tell just how his has been, just by looking in his eyes. It is a dead give-away in our eyes, as that is ONE of the outside things I got from him. You know, when it comes down to it, I'm sure I look much like my mom, but on the inside, I am my dad. And I thank him for being such a great person to be like.

I love you, daddy. Have a great day.

4 Yorum var:

Lynsey said...

Oh I just love your Dad...he was so good to me and Shawn growing up too. Tell him I said hello please! And Happy Birthday!!!

Kelli said...

I will, thanks.

Peter N said...

And Kelli, what a great tribute to your young Dad......you made me smile!

Kelli said...

oooohhhh, thank you so much peter. Thanks for checkin' out my blog too!!!!!