Sunday, June 03, 2007

A sight for sore eyes........


Carpet. Who knew how much carpet would come to mean to me, these days. We had our carpet and vinyl installed in our fixer house on thurs. and fri. Wow. What a difference. We worked and worked to try to get the house "ready" for carpet. And, we did it!!!! Yeah!!! It is sooooo nice to see some progress. I swear, it was like we were slaving every day and we weren't getting anywhere. Well, I am sure that we were, but I know it was looking really bad there for awhile, but they do say it looks bad while you are working on it, then it eventually gets better. So, I am happy. But, I think yesterday Joe and I came to the conclusion that we may not be done with this house by the time we "set sail". Not good. But, I need to be ok with it and suck it up like a big girl. We are making progress, and trying as hard as we can, (am I trying to convince you guys......or myself????) so it is just gonna get done when it gets done.

2 weeks till cruise time. Hooray!!! We really need a vacation. Bad. I think Joe is about ready to strangle me when I walk in the fixer house after he has been there for like 12 hours and I am like...."Uuuuummmmm, that doesn't look right........" I need to keep my trap shut, already. But its really hard.....for me, that is. I am not sure my opinionated self is cut out for this. He will probably think twice about this next time. This....meaning, the fixer house.....Not, our marriage......, I hope.

2 Yorum var:

Lynsey said...

I know EXACTLY what you mean! One year later, and we're still making progress on this house! I bet it's looking so nice!

Kelli said...

Yes, it is FINALLY looking like we've done something....thank god...