Thursday, February 28, 2008

Tissues.....


You know, I am pretty stressed out. Tons of crap is going on right now, and I can't even decide which part to be stressed about first. So, I get up this morning, after a tiny bit of sleep, and I get Danielle off to school, and I get myself ready, pull myself together, and go to D's school to pop popcorn for the PTO. So, I start popping, and I am just focusing on filling the bags with popcorn, you know, mindless stuff....and then I notice that Danielle's class is going out to recess. It is then that my worries and issues surface. SHE is not going to recess along with the rest of her class. She and a select few other kids in her class have not met their reading goals this week, so they must stay inside. I wouldn't have a huge problem with this, except that it has been an ongoing issue. I am sure I have voiced my concerns to you all, as I have over and over to her teacher, and everyone else who will listen, but we just aren't getting anywhere. I haven't seen one tiny little glimmer of hope yet. None. So, as I come back into reality and realize that she is sitting in her classroom, I break into tears. I freak out. I start crying in the popcorn. I thought I was keeping it together a bit, and I thought I was over by the popcorn machine crying and no one would even know.....yeah, whatever. So, I dialed up my "life-line", my friend Kim, and I was talking to her...well, I don't know if you can call crying profusely talking, but I turned around and one of the lunch ladies was standing there with a box of tissues in her hand, offering them to me. I was like....."thanks...." sniff, sniff, and I continued to poor my heart out to Kim. So she does what she always does, and she says.."I'll be right there.". And a couple of minutes later, there she was. She said she hadn't showered, but I couldn't tell. She was there. She did what she does best. She literally saved me, and I was able to pull it together. That is, until we finished up popcorn and I decided to talk to the principal about Danielle's ongoing issues with accelerated reading. So, I do feel a bit better, and I do feel like I am starting to get somewhere with the issues she is having, and I do feel like it MIGHT change. So all I can do now, is wait and see. And if something doesn't change, it's Joe's turn.

2 Yorum var:

Lynsey said...

oh my gosh you made ME cry just reading that?! I hope you gave that principal a piece of your mind or I will! That p*sses me off! She's a fricken KID who does SO WELL in school- she deserves to go to recess for christ sakes! My blood is just boiling now. I hope you got it all cleared up!!!

Kelli said...

The principal is going to call me today, and I am NOT going to let her minimize this in ANY way. If this doesn't work, Joe is gonna raise all kinds of hell....so hopefully it does.