Friday, February 08, 2008

HILLARY!!!!!






If you're wondering what I was up to today....well....I was at a town hall meeting in Spokane with the one and only next mrs. prez-hopful....Hillary Clinton!!! Wow. Everything about it went just perfect. Here's the scoop...

My mom and I got ready and drove over to Spokane early, in order to get a great place in the long line. Since the building would only hold approximately 500 people, we knew we couldn't mess around and be late. So, we got there almost 3 hours before the meeting was scheduled to start, and as they counted the people in line, we were # 77 and 78. WOW. Just what we had hoped for!! So then, we waited. In the cold. Then our good friend Kim came to the rescue and served us with hot chocolate and coffee. YEAH!!! We were feelin' good now!!

So, Kim, my mom and I were finally let inside, and we happily stood in the second row back, just feeling good to be a part of it. But as we were standing there, a nice campaign worker picked us out of the crowd...(must be because of our good looks.....lol...) and asked if we wanted to go sit in the reserved area on the top of the stage that was currently chained off. "Absolutely" we said. So Chad, (the name of the nice young gentleman) lead us up on the stage where we felt super privledged. Then, the secret service came up and gave us all specific rules to follow, to ensure a pleasant stay. Mostly, they wanted us to know that Hillary would be walking right past us, probably shaking hands and signing autographs, and we needed to stay in our assigned "spots". No lunging forward, no reaching into pockets, no nothing, or we would get forcefully put back in our place. OK. We were mildly freaked. But we were REALLY ecstatic to be a part of the "important" section.

So, when she entered the building, we all screamed and clapped and waved our signs, and then she got to the podium and spoke for nearly 45 minutes, and she looked great, she sounded great, we were super impressed, and I nearly lost my voice. After she finished up, we all applauded and she went on to sign autographs and shake hands and do some small talk with the citizens of Spokane. Oh, AND, my mom got her campaign sign autographed. Yep, we were THAT close. Thanks Chad!!!! You're ALMOST as awesome as Mrs. Clinton!!!!

2 Yorum var:

Anonymous said...

Go Hillary!!! What a great day!! Thanks Chad. Kim

Kelli said...

I agree!!! I am kinda bummed my mom was the only one to get an autograph. And, she isn't letting go of that thing, let me tell ya!!!