Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Yikes.....

Ok, I thought this damned thing would just stay in Coeurd'alene. What is "this thing" you ask?? Well, it is a staph infection (MRSA) that some people have said is resistant to antibiotics. Well, an elementary school in CDA (which happens to be the one my nephew goes to...) announced last week that it had a student with this infection. Well, early this week it announced it had another student and a teacher come down with it. Some parents were keeping their kids at home, but the school totally disinfected itself (however you do that) over the weekend. Anyway, the news has been making a really bit deal over it, and supposedly some people actually die from this infection...(mostly people with weakened immune systems). So, last night as I was watching the news report about this for about the 30th time in 4 days, they announced that the Post falls Middle School and the Post Falls high school had come up with 3 cases, total. So, it is here. It is getting closer and closer to Danielle's school and I am mildly concerned. I mean, I don't know what my thoughts will be if, or when it hits that close to home. I guess we will just have to wait and see. Supposedly, this infection is very common, and can be treated with non-penicillin antibiotics. You just need to catch it and deal with it. So, I am currently searching over Danielle's body nightly, and she is like....."Oh MOM, your making a big deal out of NOTHING...", but I just feel like I am a little out of my comfort zone, here. I mean, it's NOT the chicken pox, it's this weird infection I can't even pronounce, for christ's sake.
So, now that I am done venting, you can check out this link if you need more info on it, because lord knows, I have been checking it out constantly for the last few days, and I am sure I will continue.....

www.mayoclinic.com/health/mrsa/DS00735

2 Yorum var:

Lynsey said...

Yeah, the thought of that terrifies me as well. I havent even been taking B-Lo anywhere, and I refuse to take him trick-or-treating tonight with the other moms on the block. I ain't taking no chances with him!

Kelli said...

It's especially scary with little guys like him, huh...