Sunday, October 28, 2007

Oh Crap.....

Ok, I apologize for this error that I obviously made. What error? You ask....
Well, I had some spare time today while Danielle was at grandmas, and I sat down so I could watch HGTV, because it it one of my favorite channels. Well, the show that was on was called..."25 biggest decorating mistakes." Well, I actually thought it would be fun to watch, because I have definitely seen some decorating mistakes before. (at other people's houses.....) What I DIDN'T realize, was that I am making tons of these "mistakes". Right here, in my house, that I love. Good grief. So, I apologize for telling anyone that I was "ok" at decorating, and I really apologize, to my friends I actually GAVE decorating advice to. Gosh, how embarrassing.
So, ya want to hear some of these mistakes....well, here they are......(at least the ones I am guilty of...)

Toilet rugs. Oops, I didn't know that was such a no, no. I do wash them VERY often, does that make it better???

Too many photos. Gosh, I love my family. I thought that having tons of pictures out showed how much I love them. Does it make it better if most are black and white??

Uncomfortable Dining room chairs. Well, I didn't sit in them for an hour before I bought them. They LOOK nice, and they SHOULD be comfy, but unfortunately...they aren't that comfy. But I like my dining set, so shouldn't that count??

Following fads. Well, I thought that was the way I was keeping up with the Jones'. Gosh, what else am I supposed to do??

Too many colors or patterns. Well, I can't make up my mind. And actually, I thought that this was just a style of it's own. You know, mixing and matching stuff.....

Improper lighting. Ok, I know about this one already. We have a ceiling fan that is not centered over the dining table. First, the ceiling fan shouldn't be our dining room light of choice, and second, it should be centered with the table. I currently have a beautiful light fixture in the garage patiently waiting for Joe to put it up.

Pushed back furniture. Well gosh, my house isn't huge, people. Some of the furniture HAS to be pushed back to the wall. We need a couch, ya know.....

Fear of color. Ok, I am trying to get better. My walls are all mostly neutral. I did go out on a limb and paint one wall a yellowish, goldish, brownish, and I really like it, and I might just paint my whole living/dining like that.....

Knickknack Overload. I don't even want to go here....

Fake Flowers. Ok, this one is the worst. Would it be any better if you knew I washed them?? I got up after this show and actually counted how many different fake flower arrangements/wreaths/garlands/etc, sitting around my house and I counted 33. Yep, 33. And I hate to admit that was just upstairs. So does this mean I can never step foot into Michaels again???

So, the show is over, and I am way overwhelmed, and I think it might just be better to start fresh. "Honey......can we just move to a new house????"

2 Yorum var:

Lynsey said...

Were you watching "Sell this house?" with Roger Hazard? He is NOT one to talk about decor. I am sure you're house is beautiful the way that it is. Those shows get too carried away and make feel like their homes are trash. Don't listen to em Kel! And atleast your hubby lets you put crap on the walls, it looks like nobody even lives here half the time! :)

Kelli said...

I have to admit I have went a little overboard with the decor in this house. I think after 10 years of being here, I have just accumulated so much. Christ, I don't know what do do. Oh, I know, move to Maui!!!!