Tuesday, September 04, 2007

What Now????


I am sitting here feeling very alone. Oh, maybe it is because I AM. I just dropped Danielle off at school, for her first day. She was all smiles. Well, except for the fact that she nearly killed herself on the metal stairs leading up to our house at the river this weekend. Yep, MAJOR injury's occurred. Her mouth was bleeding from the inside, and outside. Her legs produced huge bumps and bruises on her shin bones within seconds of the fall. Her hips have some of the hugest bruises I have EVER seen. Her chin and lip are so swollen that she can barely eat. She looks like she got mauled by a huge grizzly bear and barely survived. But, you know what, that is how I feel today. I am just kind-of wandering around wondering what to do. I spent the entire summer with this awesome little girl. Most of the time Daddy was at work, so we had some major girl time to use up. And believe me, we used it well. The only thing I could have hoped for this summer, was that it did not end so soon.
So, now she is back to her school and her routine, and I am left here wondering how I am going to get back into being alone while I clean, go to the store, bake, and whatever else I will do. I have got to say, I would rather be doing it with her. Pathetic, huh.
Oh, and just one shout out to Danielle today..."Have an awesome day today miss D!!!!!"

1 Comment:

Lynsey said...

Oh Kel- sorry to hear about the gruesome fall she took! My Mom told me about that....I hope she's okay!!! And right before school starts, just her luck!!!