Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Did he, or didn't he???

Here's the scandal of the week. Idaho Sen. Larry Craig has been trying to defend himself after he pleaded guilty to a charge that occurred while in an airport bathroom stall. I am sick of hearing about it already, but it has something to do with some "advances" he made to an undercover police officer in Minnesota. Ok, who knows what REALLY happened that day. He is saying that it was just a mis-understanding, and he had NO idea what those advances were. It was all an accident. His grown children were on the news this morning defending him, and sticking with his story of the misunderstanding.

So.....do I think he did it?? I don't know. Who knows. I hadn't even heard of these foot tapping, hand waving, signals that supposedly mean you want to "get together" with someone in a rest-room. I am assuming that some people do know, because there was an officer trying to find people doing this, but I think alot of the public had no idea what that crap meant.

Don't get me wrong, I AM NOT a fan of Senator Craigs, somewhat because he is the big "R", but I am wondering if this all was a weird mistake, or was it the truth, because he did try to sweep the conviction under the rug and pretend it never happened. I personally think that he made a HUGE mistake by doing that, and even IF he isn't guilty, he made himself look guilty by doing that. There. I put my two cents in. For all it's worth

3 Yorum var:

Lynsey said...

LOL- I know, what kind of advances are they talking about anyway? I don't even care...you'd think there'd be more important things on the news, like the fact that those poor miners in Utah were never found after being buried alive for christ sakes.

Kelli said...

I know, I AGREE!!! I guess homosexual advances in the mens restroom. I have no idea.....that's not my cup of tea...

Unknown said...

As someone who has worked for several years as a criminal defense investigator, I am very familiar with Minneapolis police tactics. They do pose as undercovers for busting prostitutes and such. They always are wired and record conversations. It will be interesting to see what evidence comes out.