Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Oh what a night....

Ok, I have been sick for the past month. Just don't feel right. Every time I eat, I feel miserable. Like super nauseous. Even alot of times when I don't eat. I have been to our family physician, and she wrote it off as heartburn...(I KNOW what heartburn is, lady....and this is NOT it...) So,anyway, I haven't been eating normally, I haven't been feeling normal, and then yesterday afternoon it took a major turn for the worse.

I went to pick Danielle up at cross country, feeling like crap, and when I got home, I started a 3 hour vomiting spree that would NOT end. Even though my stomach was like....empty after the 1st hour, I still had to camp out in the bathroom. So, after feeling like I was literally going to DIE after 3 hours of misery, I decided to go to the doctor and try to get some pills to keep me from being so sick to my stomach and vomiting. All I wanted to do was feel good enough to lay down. All I wanted was to stop the cycle.

So, off to the immediate care we go, and next thing you know, I was laying in the ER in CDA and I was getting 2 bags of fluids pumped into me by an IV that was put in by a nurse that couldn't find a decent vain too easily, because I was sooooo dehydrated. So, they pumped nausea meds through the IV, gave me a little morphine, and I was still feeling quite miserable, but after about 4 hours, I was feeling good enough that I could actually go home. God, how did that happen??? I have no clue. My blood tests did come up elevated on the white blood cell count, and the doctor definitely thought something was wrong, (DUuuuuhhhhh) but felt like I could go home and pay close attention to how I am feeling, so that if it gets any worse, I would go back. So, after little sleep last night, I woke up today not vomiting, thank god, but I also still don't feel quite right. Still feeling pretty sick. Who knows, hopefully it is just a bout with the flu, and I will be feeling better in no time...I really don't want to see another toilet up close for a REALLY LONG TIME.

2 Yorum var:

Lynsey said...

Gosh I hope you're feeling better soon! I've been thinking about you! Love ya!

Unknown said...

This happened to me once. Maybe it's not the same thing but I woke up one night in the middle of the night vomiting like crazy and not being able to stop. My chest HURT. I thought I was having a heart attack. Okay, so I'm a bit dramatic when it comes to medical stuff, but seriously, it hurt. I made my hubby take me to the ER at 3 in the morning and I found out I had gallstones. A few months later, I had my gall bladder removed. If it happens again, you might mention that.