Tuesday, January 01, 2008

"That Was Easy...."


I have always known that I gave birth to a "polar bear". Seriously, Danielle has been the first one in the river come spring, and the last one out of the lake come fall. She could care less if it is cold. She just loves the water. Danielle and I have been going to my moms and using her hot tub in the evenings, and my mom and I are not surprised that Danielle gets out of the hot tub and wanders around in the snow. We want to tell her to get her behind back in the warm water, but we know there is no use saying it, because she won't get back in till she is ready, and she doesn't get cold very fast. I know that the minute I have to get out of the hot tub, I am running as fast as I can in the house, while Danielle is calmly putting the cover back on, not worried that it is FREEZING!!!!
So, when this years annual Polar Bear Plunge in Coeurd'Alene arrived, we knew she would do it. She was ready, and she really didn't even hesitate. Their were TONS of crazy people waiting around to jump into the freezing water. Joe, my mom and I tagged along and none of us even considered doing it. So, we just watched, while everyone ran into the ice cold water, and as Danielle ran in at first and then DOVE all the way in. Yikes. It looked so cold. There was even snow on the ground. I think the temperature was in the 20's. Nuts. She is definitely nuts. I wonder if she will do it again next year?? Probably!!!

This is a picture of some of the crowd.....







This is a picture of us as we got there, brrrrrrr....





This is her (with her arm out in the middle....) as she was going in.....


I am so proud of you Danielle, you are one of the bravest girls I know!!!

2 Yorum var:

Lynsey said...

your kid is out of her mind! :-)

Kelli said...

Believe me, I know. I almost didn't let her do it out of fear she could freeze to death, but Joe tells me not to be that way with her....and no one has ever died doing it that we have heard of....
:-/