Thursday, January 10, 2008

10 things I should do for 2008.......


1. Quit copying Lynsey's ideas for blog posts. (I am sure she would appreciate it....) But she has such good ideas!!!! Love ya Lyn!!!

2. Be a "funner" mom. Do you know how goofy Joe is with Danielle?? Well, he is putting me to shame let me tell ya. How can they laugh so hard about dumb stuff??? How can they be so silly all the time?? I am gonna have to start working on my "crazy" side.

3. Exercise. Yep, I should do it, I suppose. But it just doesn't sound like fun. I did buy a fitness ball, and I was ready to work out with it after I blew it up with a hand pump, but then all the pumping made me tired, and so I called it a day. Pathetic.

4. Tell people no. I am not good at it. I will find every single excuse in the book, just so that I don't have to tell people no. Why can't I?? I have definitely had people politely (and maybe not so politely) tell ME no. What gives???

5. Organize. This is what I was supposed to do last year. Where has the time gone?? I guess I just kinda spaced doing it. Oops. So, I am adding it to my to-do list again for '08

6. Remember things. I need to find a pill that makes my brain a little bit sharper. Oh, who am I fooling?? It needs to be ALOT sharper. I have the hardest time remembering where I put the groceries anymore. Gosh.

7. Do my part in keeping the garage clean. Yep, if Joe is reading this, his eyes just lit up. Either that or they rolled. He absolutely despises the fact that I am not doing my part of spiffying it up. He is a firm believer that come spring, we could just open up the garage doors and let the hard core "yard-salers" have a free for all.

8. Cook something new for dinner. I really have gotten in a rut with this cooking dinner business. I really like to cook, but I also really like to cook what I know how to cook. Mostly because I know I LIKE what I know how to cook. I probably rotate about 20 different things every month. That's all we get. No new stuff. Joe and Danielle probably dread coming home for dinner anymore. They are like...."Oh, spaghetti, what a surprise....". I need to step outside the box a bit. I vow to try out some new cuisine this year.

9. Save. Now that we have our fixer rented, it's time to put some moolah in the bank for a rainy day. I am not saying we don't save already, but more is better!!!! At least that's what I hear..

10. Last but not least.....
Spend. More time with our family, that is. I know it seems like I spend alot of time with our family, but the truth is, we have been really busy, and now that the fixer is done, we need to have some major get-togethers at the river this summer. I can't wait!!!

2 Yorum var:

Lynsey said...

oh stop- you dont copy me! And you can write about whatever you damn well please! i liked the garage resolution--something i should've added to mine! i'm sure matt would love to come home to a clean garage one day, free of junk. maybe we should surprise them for valentines day....

Kelli said...

There's no way I could finish it by Valentines day. Yes, it is THAT bad.....

:-(