Wednesday, January 23, 2008

My New Occupation.....


is.........getting the five finger discount on snickers bars at the local grocery store. Atleast that is what the whacko-checker-lady thought yesterday. Yep, she thought I was helping myself to the chocolate in the candy aisle. Here's the story....
I was finished shopping, and I went to the check-out counter and put my groceries up on the conveyor belt thing-y. I put every last item in my cart up there, except my Coach purse, and after I did the rude checker lady goes "Is that everything?" "Yep". I replied, happily. Then, she says "What about the snickers bar?". "What Snickers bar?" I said, confused as hell. "Oh, the one inside your purse."... The Bi*** says. So, I look in my purse, and I remember that there is a empty Snickers WRAPPER in my purse, as I just came from a hockey game, and Danielle scarfed one down and I didn't want to just leave the wrapper for some poor guy to have to pick up later, so I shoved it in my purse. So, I looked at the lady in disbelief as I took the WRAPPER out of my designer purse, and I say "Oh, we just came from a hockey game and my daughter ATE it there, so it's just a WRAPPER.". She gets pretty quiet from there on out. Nope, doesn't even say sorry, NOTHING. So, I wander out of the store with my bags and I am a bit confused and in some sort of weird daze. But, as I thought about it more on my drive home, it really started to tick me off. I mean, I probably spend nearly 500 buckaroos in that store a month. I am in there almost every fricken day. This lady has the gall to insinuate that I am stealing a snickers bar. A fifty cent candy bar?? Hey lady, for your information, if I am shopping in the candy aisle, and I get a bit hungry, I'm just gonna chow down on whatever I feel like, because hey, I deserve it. And you can just mind your own darned beez-wax. OK, that is a bit harsh....I guess, but if I want a snickers bar, I will go buy 50 fricken snickers bars, I don't NEED to get a five finger discount on ONE. Christ. Plus, if I was gonna steal one, I'd put it at the BOTTOM of my purse, where she couldn't see it. :-)

5 Yorum var:

Lynsey said...

i noticed some things missing from my house after you left too...
kidding! :-)
LOL- that post was hysterical.

Kelli said...

Sorry, I just couldn't help myself. I LOVED your towels!!! Joe likes them too!!!
:-)

Kelli said...

Didn't you wonder why I left with a fuller suitcase then I came with???
:-)

Peter N said...

Uh-oh..hey Lyns, are you missing any Snickers bars? Kelli, I'm just kidding. The check-out lady sounds a little (more than a little) clueless. I loved your post, Kelli. Thanks!! Peter....hi Lyns.

Kelli said...

Thanks for checkin' in Peter!!!
I like someone other than Lyns to read it. Not that YOU aren't good ENOUGH!!!!!! You know you are.