Tuesday, August 07, 2007

What draws a crowd in Post Falls?



A fire. Yep, if there is smoke in the sky in Post falls, people drive as fast as they can toward the smoke to see what the heck is causing it. I should know, because I "sort of" did this today.
Danielle and I were getting in the car after shopping, and I looked up and saw a huge black cloud of smoke coming from right down the street. So, of course I drove towards it. Well, it happened to be a car that struck a gasoline tank at a local gas station and it just burst into flames. Huge flames, tons of black smoke. So, as we were looking around, we noticed that NO emergency personnel were there yet. So, I dialed 911 and they said they were on the way. So, I drove down the street about a block and parked so I could see what was going on at a safe distance. Danielle and I were completely shocked at how long it took the fire department to get there. They are literally 2 blocks away from this gas station and I swear it took almost 10 minutes for the fire truck to pull up. Even longer for the ambulance. I am sure they were going as fast as they could, but it just surprised us how long it actually took. It took at least 5 minutes for even a police officer to show up. Five minutes of people just wandering around the fire. I just couldn't imagine what would have happened if the entire gas tank would have blown. Tons of spectators trying to get a better view would have been hurt. So, anyway, that's the story, and hopefully the driver who was taken to the hospital will be ok. And luckily no one else was hurt.

1 Comment:

Lynsey said...

jeez i cant believe people were wandering around the damn fire- its like- get a brain people!