Sunday, August 05, 2007

Top 5 Reasons Why Coeurd'Alene is becoming "little California.."


I LOVE it here in North Idaho. That is why I find it soooo sad that it is changing so much. I really can't imagine living anywhere else, or ever wanting to, for that matter, but the changes lately up here have really bummed me out. Especially since I know this is just the beginning.....
It is not new news that people from California are movin' up here. No, it is not just California, but it seems to be the popular choice for some of them lately. I have been to California, and I will visit there again. Key word is VISIT. I was not too impressed. Some of the issues I had with California are now mysteriously appearing in our beautiful North Idaho. Yuck.....(oh, nothing against my CA friends......)
So here are MY 5 Reasons why CDA is becoming "Little California"....

1. One minute traffic on the interstate is going 80, the next second.....stopped. Stopped cold. ....Never used to happen.....Hmmmmmmm.

2. Crazy drivers. OMG, I can not believe the crazy drivers. The aggressive drivers. When I was in California, I understood why you needed to be an aggressive driver just to survive down there, well, now you do here......

3. Non-winter trained drivers. When it snows here, people can't drive. They go like 10 miles an hour on the interstate. Duhhhh, it snows here, people. Life still goes on, people still go to work, just another day in awesome N. Idaho.....

4. Packed street fairs. You can't even walk around without stepping on someones toes at Art on the Green in CDA. They have been having this for 20 years and it was always fun and peaceful to wander around the shops. Not now, its packed. Cram packed.

5. High Priced Housing. Yep, it has arrived. I hate to say it, but they are gonna price Idahoan's out of their own state when it comes to housing. Not all of us have houses to sell for a fortune in CA, and then buy a "reasonably" priced one up here.....Thanks.....
I know there are more than five....but I'm tired, and I want to stop typing....

1 Comment:

Lynsey said...

I know, my Dad was just complaining about that the other day. Our beautiful Idaho is totally being taken over by those a-holes, no offense to anyone from CA. Idaho just isn't the same anymore and it's very sad!