Wednesday, August 08, 2007

If You're Reading This....by Tim McGraw

We have been hearing this song on the radio ever since Tim McGraw performed it on the country awards in June or July. Every time I hear it I have made some comment to Danielle about how sad it is. Then alot of times I would turn the station, because I was driving and my emotions would really get to me. So, the other day we were at our fixer house, and Joe and I were working and Danielle was hanging out, and this song came on the radio. I didn't turn it, I just kept on painting and listening. After the song was over, Danielle came in the room I was in and said..."Mom, I know why you keep saying this song is so sad." And I said, "Really..." and she said "Yeah, I just listened to all the words, and it IS so sad." So, this sparked a really long conversation between me and her about the war, our troops, why we are in Iraq, the Iraqi people, freedom, killing, and everything else that is tied to this war. I totally talked to her about it like I should talk to an 8 year old, and I think she understood in a way what I was talking about, and what is going on over there. At least as much as an 8 year old can. I really want her to know about what our troops are going through, without upsetting her too much. So, we had a great opportunity to talk about it, and because of that, I think I also realized why they play the song so much, even if it is sad. I will try not to turn the station like I sometimes did, and I will listen to it out of respect for the ones that have fought, and are still fighting. God Bless our Troops!!!

Check out this video: If YOUR READING THIS (TIM MCGRAW TRIBUTE)



Add to My Profile | More Videos

2 Yorum var:

Lynsey said...

OMG could I sob any harder! I just came from a funeral too so now I am twice the mess!

Kelli said...

Oh, I am so sorry, was it a friend or family member.....not that it matters, because it is always hard.