Wednesday, November 15, 2006

YUCK-O

Alright, that is maybe a cheesy title. But, that is the feeling I STILL have in the pitt (No pun intended, even though Brad Pitt is in it) of my stomach after watching the movie "Babel" last night. Yuck-o.
Don't let my opinion about this show sway your decision not too see it, or too see it. ( I guess I am kidding myself if I think I have that kind of an influence over your decisions or something.......duh.)
Anyway, it was not good. When I was reading the reviews in the paper and in magazines like "Rolling Stone", they were all good reviews. They all went on and on referencing the story in the Bible about when the people tried to build a "stairway" to heaven and how God got mad and made everyone speak different languages so no one could understand each other.........Ok, I get that. I just don't get the connection. Yes, the title of the movie is "Babel". Yes, the story in the bible was about "Babel". Yes, the movie depicts people of different languages and language barriers. That is the only connection I got. The rest of the movie was pretty much what I would consider gross. I can't understand how this made it to the big screen, let alone getting rave reviews. Ok, maybe I am just not "deep" enough to understand the full meaning of the picture. I COULD tell how all the people and their lives tied in together, kind of like the movie "Crash", but, all the extra "details" ( I guess you could call them) were just plain YUCK-O.
Now that I have totally confused you all, if you decide you want to see it, be prepared for a different, weird, emotion filled, (not in a good way) movie. I don't know, too each his own, I guess.

4 Yorum var:

Anonymous said...

I'll take your word for it.

Kelli said...

Maybe you could watch it at home sometime and then you have the opportunity to turn it off. It's kind of hard to walk out of the theatre after you spent $20.00 on the movie and popcorn, pop, etc. Plus, I may not know what the hell I am talking about....... :-)

Anonymous said...

We always rent now anyway, matt can't stand listening to other people eat in the theatre, and chat on their phones, and talk to their friends, etc. Does Idaho have these same rude people?!

Kelli said...

Oh yes, I know you read my blog about the childrens movie "Monster House". Unfortunately, it gets way worse when you are at a kids movie versus an adult one. Go figure.