Wednesday, November 29, 2006

We got through it


Well, thanksgiving has come and gone, and to tell you the truth, I wanted it to be over even before it began. I know, that's terrible. The reason why is because, in the past, it was the one holiday that my Uncle Buddy would make sure he came home for. Rain, snow, most likely snow, would not keep him from coming back home to Idaho to spend the holiday with us. I remember when I was a kid, he drove his decked out black corvette up here from California, and the roads were covered in snow, icy, just awful. I can remember he took me for a ride and we slid around on the snow covered roads. I'm sure he loved it. Knowing me, I was a little freaked. But, I can't even remember that part. I can only remember I was happy.

I have seen pictures of us all together years ago, after we ate dinner, all of us kids playing, and my uncles and my dad fell asleep on the couch. I don't even think us kids noticed. That's just what the guys did. God knows I would have loved to have him with us this thanksgiving... visiting, laughing, eating, watching football, and even sleeping on the couch.

So, I looked through my photo's and I found one that was probably taken around thanksgiving, in Mullan when my dad and Uncle Buddy were boys. All bundled up and ready to go outside in the cold. It's cute. It makes me smile. It's this and other pictures that I am very thankful to have. I'm glad I have them, and I'm glad I have the memories of the times we all spent together. I really hope I never forget them.

1 Comment:

Lynsey said...

That is such a cute picture of your dad and buddy. I am sure you all will have him in your thoughts and prayers this holiday season.