Thursday, November 16, 2006

A Choice to Cherish


It is getting closer to the holiday season, and I thought there was no better time than now, to let you all know about my all time favorite book titled "A Choice to Cherish", by Alan Maki. This author doesn't write many fiction novels, I think he only has two. I really wish he would write more. I have seen some of his Non-fiction works, but I am not a non-fiction fan.
So, the book takes place in Montana among the Bitterroot Mountains by Darby, south of Missoula. This place is truly beautiful to see and Maki makes you want to go there and take it all in. The main character is Alan, who's grandfather is ill, and needs to be taken care of in his last days of life, in his home. Alan flies in to Montana to take care of him, reluctantly at first, and then learns, through a series of journal letters, how they became estranged, and the stories that went along with that estrangement.
All of this is centered around the Christmas season, and it makes you realize that sometimes the greatest gift is JUST to have your family. I love this book, it makes you want to run and hug everyone you may have not seen in awhile, and let your heart give forgiveness to the ones that you need too.

0 Yorum var: