Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Parents.....

Ok, I was emailing my friend, and I was just going on and on and on, and when I read a portion of it back, I thought it was actually kind of funny, so I thought I'd share it with you all......

I was talking about parents, and how different they can be. The subject was my daughter, and her friends, and how differently parents react to letting their kids go over to other friends houses and have play-dates.

One example is the parent who.......After talking about the possibility of a play-date they state "Ok, just let me know what your address is, and your social security number so I can run your background check, and then we can set up an interview, to see if you qualify to watch my precious child." Ok, a little overboard, but, obviously they care alot about their kid....

Second example is the parent who, after you are talking on the phone with them for the first time and you have never met them or their child before, and you don't know ANYTHING about them and they don't know ANYTHING about you, they say " Uhmmmmm, I was wondering if we could bring Bobbi-Sue ( their child ) over for the weekend because we like, spent all the babysitting money on smokes, and like, the Monster Truck Jamboree starts this weekend and we just couldn't think of missing out on all that beer drinkin and mudd wrestling. So, would ya mind?????" Ok, that's a little different perspective. I just wonder why they are soooooo different. Is there not a middle ground here????? I sure hope WE fall into that middle, somewhere.

2 Yorum var:

Lynsey said...

And then I always feel sorry for the little "Bobbie-Sue's" who end up suffering because their parents are complete idiots.

Kelli said...

I know, I always feel glad that they leave their little ones with us, who knows who they COULD be leaving them with, god only knows that they don't care.....