Monday, October 23, 2006

9 Weird things about ME!!!!

So, my friend said I am "it". That means it is my turn to post 9 "weird" things about myself. Ok Lynsey, here they are. Is this admitting that I am weird?????? I hope not.....:-)

1. I paint my fingernails about 2 times per day, on average. I know, this is really bad. How much time does this consume???? Lots, when you think of painting, top coat, bottom coat, 2nd coat, drying time. It is actually rediculous. I think I may be obsessive/compulsive. I just can't go on with my day if there is one chip or smear in my nail polish. Dear god, I still have 8 more.....

2. Before I can go to bed at night, my couch cushions have to be perfect. I have to get out of bed if my husband sits in the couch after I "turn in" for the night. I get up, and I fluff the cushions and I make sure they are all evenly tucked in. If I don't do it, I can't sleep. ( we'll get to that one later....)

3. I have to put my make-up on before I do anything else in my day. And I mean ANYTHING. This includes.......going to the hospital at 5:00am, after having contractions, after taking a bath to try to ease my labor pains, I STILL had to put my make-up on in order to leave the house. Crap, I needed to put my fricken "face" on, people. Who cares if your water is like, ready to break. A girls gotta have her priorities......

4. My ears are like, super sensitive to sound. "Did you hear that????", is a really common question in my house. My husbands response is usually...."Hear what???".
And I usually reply...."Did you hear that sound, outside our window, it's probably a burglar breathing or something.....Honey, go check." So, he walks outside, in his "jammies", and has to go out in the freezing ass cold, and check around to make sure there are no "prowlers" breathing around our house. Hey, that's his job......to make sure we are safe!!!! :-)

5. I like to chew ice. I prefer my ice crushed, out of the fridge. Then it is easier for me to chew. I am sure this is very irritating to by-standers. I know, its a really bad habit.....Sorry.

6. I really LOVE snow. I actually wish I lived somewhere where it was winter all year. Yes, its true. No, I am not kidding. I need fresh snow EVERY single morning. 6:00am sharp. Nice, white, fluffy, pretty snow.

7. I am really jumpy. I don't mean I like to jump around. I mean I get spooked really easy. If I am vacuuming and I see myself in the mirror out of the corner of my eye, I jump. I mean, god, I know I am there for crying out loud. But I still jump. Dear god, I need help......

8. I have a really hard time falling asleep. Really, even after the help of prescription sleeping aids. It kind of goes back to the sound sensitivity stuff. If I hear anything, and I mean ANYTHING, I cant sleep. If my dog is licking himself to rooms away, I can't sleep. If a dog is barking a mile down the road, I can't sleep. If the TV volume is on 1 touch up from mute, in the basement, I can't sleep. Holy crap, I just realized I am probably a real pain in the butt to live with!!!

9. Last but not least, I am like, overly concerned about other peoples feelings. I pretty much sugar coat everything. If a neighbors kid came over and acted like a true hellion, I would tell his mom he was a perfect angel. Just so she would be all proud of her "baby". If there is a car in front of me at a red light, and it turns green, and I am waiting for them to notice, and they are stil not noticing after like 5 minutes, I still won't honk. I just can't do it. Why in the hell can't I just fricken honk???? I have had people behind me, like two cars back, honk for me. For some reason I am thinking if I honk, it might startle them and give them a heart attack or something.

There they are. Now you all probably know way more about me than you should.

4 Yorum var:

Lynsey said...

I can totally relate to most of those, except for the nail painting thing! I haven't painted my nails in months!!! :-)

Congrats Kel! You're a weirdo!
:-)

Kelli said...

Thank you...I think. :-)
The sad part is I had more......

KAYLEE said...

I am not obsessed with nail painting but baseball is a different story:)
i love my baseball i guess!
I can relate to the sleeping thing tho:)
-kaylee

Kelli said...

Hey, thanks for checking out my blog!!!! I'm gonna checkout yours just as soon as I finish this comment!!
:-)