Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Who Knew????

I can actually sew!!! Yes, I can.....(I think I can, I think I can...) :-)
Yesterday I bought a beginner sewing machine at Walley World. My moms machine is like 40 years old, and it quit on her a couple of months ago. So anyway, back in High School we all had to sew something to pass Home-ec. I HATED sewing. For some reason, every time I thought I was really starting to do well, I would get this huge knot of thread behind the needle and it was so hard to fix it. I absolutely hated it, but somehow I passed the class. And somehow, I actually sewed a pair of sweat pants. Hooray!!!


So, my mom let me borrow this wicker chair she has had forever, and it has cushions that were some flowery spring print. The spring print just HAD to go. It wouldn't even have come close to fitting in with my rustic theme. So, I got to work. I went and bought some awesome rustic fabric, I took the spring yucky fabric off, and I just pinned it as closely as I could. My mom helped me with threading the sewing machine, because I have absolutely no patience, then I started. I was sewing awyay like I had never sewed before, and then it was done. DONE. It wasn't even that bad. Anyway, I slipped my new covers on, and I was done. Here is the finished product. And I am also giving you a close up of the rustic fabric I bought. I am so proud of myself!! Time to start my next project.....a rustic quilt. Now that is gonna take awhile.....

5 Yorum var:

Lynsey said...

your stuff is all so cute! I'm so jealous!! Come back out here and teach me how to decorate!

Kelli said...

Oh my goodness. I know for a FACT that you don't need me to come out and clutter your beautiful house.!!!!! :-) When I left your house I went straight home to try to get mine to look fresh and clean like yours. Still haven't been able to do it...
:-(

Unknown said...

Haha...I remember those sewing classes with Mrs. Harmon. I hated sewing too! She'd get soo frustrated with me that my job became filling bobbins. Now I'm an avid quilter (my husband of all people taught me..lol). Have fun!

Kelli said...

I still can't fill a damn bobbin. My mom has to do that for me....
:-)

Lynsey said...

what's a bobbin???
kidding...