Monday, October 13, 2008

Enough about politics........


Let's start talking about the REAL controversy!!! You know, the issues that REALLY matter!! And if you are wondering what these issues are I will fill you in. THE MYSTERY OF THE SHRINKING HALLOWEEN CANDY. Has anyone else noticed that the size of the "fun size" candy isn't even fun anymore? It is NOT even CLOSE to fun. Every single year the Halloween candy gets smaller and smaller. Do they think we don't notice?? The Reese's peanut butter cups are shrinking. They are thinner and not as wide. How dare they?? Here is the best example I have seen this year......you know the "smartees" that used to come in a see-through roll with like 15 candies total?? Well, this year they have re-packaged them. How Smart......They are now in a small paper wrapper and that looks like a Sweet Tart wrapper. (you know, the sweet tarts have like 3 in a wrapper..) So, the Smartees went from like 15 candies in a roll to their new package with 3 total candies. What a rip-off. This is just ridiculous. I guess in a way if you look at the good side, we won't be consuming as much candy as we previously did....because there is LESS candy per package. But I don't really feel like having the candy companies put me on a diet that I haven't signed up for. Because I just feel like I am getting ripped off here. So, this year, I vow to eat MORE packages of candy just to make up for it. I'll show them!!!

2 Yorum var:

Lynsey said...

LOL- no kidding. Everything is getting smaller these days. Ya just can't get what you pay for anymore.

Kelli said...

I KNOW. And the prices ARE not going down. It's like some corporate big-wigs are in a conference room somewhere trying to figure out another way to scre* us. Gosh.
Don't mess with the candy. That's all I have to say....