Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Have you seen your local library lately???


As many of you know, I work at the public library in my town. So, because of this, I will fill you in on what your local library has to offer YOU.

1. Friendly, helpful Librarians (ok, I can only speak for myself...)
2. Major selections of cool books, audiobooks, movies, CD's, etc.
3. Free access to online computer stations.
4. Interesting activities for kids. (computer games, awesome books...)
5. A computerized "card catalog" that you can access from home.
6. Self check-out stations (that hopefully won't replace me.)

Ok, I can't think of more, but I know there is more. And you can find out for yourself if you just get off your lazy behind and check out your local library. My husband wonders why anyone who isn't currently enrolled in school would want to go to the library. Well, its too see me........!!!!! Kidding, its so you can see all that it has to offer, then bring home an awesome book that you just can't put down to save your life. That's the best. So, Go, Already!!!!

2 Yorum var:

Lynsey said...

I LOVE LIBRARIES, and Matt doesn't understand why either! The best part for me, is the lack of distractions. If I really need to sit and focus on something, I always go to the library. I seem to get much more accomplished there. The one here in town is brand new too so it's all fresh and clean and cozy, I love it!

Are we geeks or what? :-)

Kelli said...

Yes, unfortunately, I think so. The guys will never understand. Ours has a fireplace in it, too. So, on cold days I love to go down by the fireplace and read. It's awesome. If I had tons of time, I would be in there much more. I am currently training Danielle to love it too. She really already does!!!