Saturday, March 15, 2008

I caved in....imagine that.....


Guess what Danielle has been bugging me to buy lately? If you think it is something simple like a new sweatshirt, you are mistaken. This time it is a little creature with little hands, feet, eyes, and a bit of hair. Yep, a hamster. I was trying to get her to wait to purchase the little thing, but she just didn't want to. I told her that I have more than enough on my plate right now with the move....but she still wanted it. I was not a huge fan of bringing another pet into the house. I am perfectly content with Neiko. He is enough work.
So, she decided she wanted to go get one as Joe and I were above our garage in a hundred foot pile of stuff that we have acquired over the years we have lived here, and I was like...."Call grandma. She'll take you". And sure enough, a couple minutes later she was here, and off to Pet co they went.
When they drove into the driveway I could see Danielle sitting in the middle of the back seat with a little white box in her hands. She was smiling from ear to ear. So, she opened the box, and there she was.....Coco. I have no idea where "Coco" came from, because she is a light tan color, not brown. But, she loved the name, so that is it.
So we spent the next hour trying to set up this new house that they bought for Coco. It wasn't as easy as it looked. It has a little ball that she can climb into and then she can run in circles for hours on end if she wants to. Danielle fell asleep last night and I was in the bathroom and I kept hearing these weird bumping noises over and over. I was thinking...."what the heck is that"?. So I went into her room to investigate and it was the crazy little hamster running in circles. I couldn't believe how noisy it was. So, I moved it into the kitchen, so Danielle wouldn't wake up to all the racket. But now that I think about it, she is just gonna have to get used to it. Anyway, she is sorta bummed right now because they told us not to handle her for two days, so she can get acclimated to our house. Try to tell a kid not to touch their new hamster......it's like telling them not to eat the candy on the table. Gosh.....So, when my battery for my camera charges, I will post some pics of Coco. I bet you can't wait.....
:-)

6 Yorum var:

Lynsey said...

OH my gosh, I can't believe Miss Kelli-Cleanlines let Danielle get a rodent! Kidding...I had one several years back to keep me company as a nanny...it was cute and all but it always escaped from its house. I always found it in my shoes, boxes, under the bed. Keep an eye on that little bugger. :-)

Kelli said...

How in the heck did it get out?? Crap, I am not liking the thought of that. I don't even really like the thing. It is in there desperately trying to get out...like it won't be happy till it does....christ.
How long did it take for yours to go to hamster heaven???

Lynsey said...

Well it kept escaping so I eventually had to take it back to the pet store, cage and all! Every time I came home from work, the bugger was gone! It was a cheap, plastic cage that it always managed to escape from...I had books and everything piled on top of it, and then it would find another way out. I had named it Shaggy but then my friends renamed it Huidini, for obvious reasons!! I am sure its fine if it hasn't escaped yet....

katrina said...

It will be fine until Danielle takes it out of the cage and that's when it escapes. I took one to my sister's once and it took off from me. Never saw it again, but my brother-in-law kept finding stuff chewed up. He wasn't too happy :(

Kelli said...

She lets it out every chance she gets......:-( It hides under stuff, but luckily we have found it. I might accidentally loose it right before we leave...
:-)

Anonymous said...

Oh I bet she is happy with having her very own pet. :) Tell us more about the house! It sounds dreamy!! :)