Thursday, November 15, 2007

I knew it!!!!!


Ok, I have thought alot about this topic in my adult years....and finally someone who IS a billionaire has verified it. Cause if ya do some research about it, like I have, it's hard to find anything solid. Believe me, I have looked. So, here is what I'm talking about....
Warren Buffett, a business man and a Billionaire, has come out and said that he admits that he has the "big bucks", (DUhhhhh...) and he admits that he is paying LESS in taxes than his employees.....(the example he used is his secretaries). So, he says he is currently paying 18% in taxes to the government. After doing a bit of research....he found out that his Secretaries are paying 30%. Yep, now he IS paying MORE, if you look at it at from a total dollars standpoint, but percentage wise, he is paying about 12% less. MANY wealthy people are paying less of a percentage than the lower earning public, but NOT MANY of them will come out and admit it. Why would they want to? Then it might "Change". Then they might have to give up a little more of their billions. Poor Billionares.
If you listen to some politicians that are against a lower percentage for the top 1% of the wage earners in this country, you will hear some weird things. One being that if the top 1% of wage earners would pay an equal percentage of tax, social security could be fixed, and other programs like that could be implemented, maybe even a national healthcare policy for Americans. Sound good to you guys??? Maybe. But alot of people think it just isn't that simple. Well, maybe it's not, but I am sure glad Mr. Buffett brought his concerns to the media, so we can all think about it and wonder if anything will ever change.....

2 Yorum var:

Lynsey said...

I saw the same thing on the news last week...it was rather sickening to watch. I just kept thinking about the guys poor secretary!

Kelli said...

I wonder if he is gonna give her some of his cut???
:-)