Friday, August 04, 2006

Monster House

We went to see the new movie out for kids...." Monster House" this past weekend. You have to go see it, even if you dont bring along the kids!!! It was sooooo cute, right from the start it had me laughing. The little girl on the trike at the beginning almost had me rolling with laughter. Gotta see it!!!!
Ok, so here's the other reason I am blogging about this adventure at the theatre. This time, I can not complain about the movie. It was perfect. The computer animation was to die for, the story line was cute, a little scary ( even for my grown up self) and super funny. ( they slide some adult humor in there that the kids aren't sopposed to catch..., but they do...) Anyway, I think I have decided that I will need to have a few alcoholic drinks before my next trip to the theatre for a kids show. Yes, it was that bad. I think I have much more patience when I am under the influence. So, the family behind us was like, on glue. The little boy kept screaming to his mom " I thirsty, I thirsty" in this annoying, weird voice. Then they were eating popcorn but it was like they were wolves in the wild that hadn't eaten in about a week. The sound effects were terrible. And I am not talking about the movie. This was the worst case of "weird people" I have seen in like, years. Why me. Why during this extra cute movie. Why today. Why can't you just shut up and eat quietly. Go home and chomp your extra large popcorn and slurp your big daddy size Coke. These type of people need to just rent movies and watch from home. Don't ruin a good thing for me.
I actually thought it was just me being irritable. I thought, " Oh my gosh, I am not even a nice person any more. I am terrible for having these thoughts of yelling at the little boy to SHUT UP!!" But I looked over at my husband and he had that same look of disgust on his face. So, we happily moved to the other side of the aisle. From there we watched the rest of the movie in peace. Maybe we are the ones who need to rent and watch at home??? Ya think...

2 Yorum var:

Lynsey said...

OMG this post is hysterical...I can totally relate which is why we wait until they come out on video! I can't stand the "wolves in the wild with big daddy size cokes" either! So annoying!!!

You said it best Kel. Nice job.

Kelli said...

For a bit I thought I was just WAY too sensitive to that crap. But, it seems there are quite a few people that feel the same way. The good thing about being a kid is that you dont even notice. Danielle was totally clueless to anything other than the movie. Funny...