Sunday, June 04, 2006

Yes, I remember I have a blog!!!!

For those of you who actually read my blog, no, I have not disappeared off the face of the earth. I just have been dealing with the crap that life throws to you sometimes. Its been a yucky month. I have been planning a memorial for a close relative, I have been getting ready for a yard sale that we had when we probably just should have went to the dump. Then, the "Perfect Customer" wanted to ask if instead of paying $2.00 for the one nice item ( according to me) we had in our yard sale, he wanted to know if we would take $1.00. Oh my gosh, that drives me crazy. What is one extra dollar when you are getting a perfectly nice stair stepper that still works???? Is that too much to ask???? I guess it is. I have learned that most yard sale shoppers are very skilled when it comes to bargaining. I would rather not deal with that at all!!!! It's already cheap, people. I should have said we would just give it to them. Maybe that would have worked out better. Gosh!@!!!!! Next time, we are going straight to the dump. We will have to deal with less issues that way. Then the guys at the dump can have a hay-day picking through our stuff and taking home the items that they think are way cool. Oh, thats mean of me. I dont want to be mean.....I just need to vent. Oh, my daughter set up a very fancy Kool-Aid stand in front of our house on the day of the yard sale. I finally had to tell her she was giving me a head-ache from her yelling "Kool-Aid.....Come and buy some Kool-Aid..." over and over.
What a mean mom. It really was cute. But it really was loud too. We have a little entrepreneur. She has sold dog treats, bird food, squirrel food, cookies, popsicles, you name it, out in front of our house. I think the neighbors are probably sick of it. Oh well. Atleast we dont let her go door to door. That drives me absolutely crazy!!!! Kids selling magazines, raffle tickets, candy, cards, christmas stuff, cookies, coupons, all this stuff I dont need but cant say no to the cute neighbor girl because we see her parents at school functions. I just say, "just a minute honey, let me get my checkbook. " Oh, my husband needs to start getting the door instead of me. I have actually hid between the couch and the coffee table so that I didn't have to get the door and buy something. Why cant I just say no!!!!!! I can hide, but I can't say no. Go figure.

1 Comment:

Lynsey said...

Glad to see you are still blogging Kel!! I know what you mean about those cheap bastards at yard sales too! Come on! It's next to free and they want it for a little bit less?? They better not try to scam Danielle with the kool-aid. That would really tick me off.