Tuesday, June 20, 2006

William "Buddy" Hayes March 1950 - April 2006

Muggins, Ron, Buddy
My uncle, my friend, my example. My dear Uncle Buddy passed away after a fight with cancer on April 28, 2006. He was only 56 years old. He had just turned 56 while in the hospital, fighting a battle he could not win. We would have given anything to help him fight through this ugly disease. Unfortunately, there was nothing we could have done or given to change his fate. He was too young to die. He had too much left to do, to many drives through the country on his harley davidson motorcycle, too many holidays left to celebrate, to many grandchildren to watch grow, to many trips to Las Vegas, to much life left to live.
He was to retire in a couple of years and move back to the place he called "Home". We were counting the months until he could be close to us again. Although he always remained close to us in our thoughts, we all talked about when he would be coming back home. Even in the hospital he talked about moving back home and about the property he purchased to build his dream home on. We spread his ashes on that property last week after his memorial. He is finally "home". We love you, we miss you, we will always hold your memory close to our hearts. We think of you many times everyday, still not believing you are gone, wishing this was all a bad dream. We will see you again.....

2 Yorum var:

Lynsey said...

Tears filled my eyes as I read that. Life is too short and we must, must hold loved ones close at all times. I hope your Dad is doing okay. Please tell him my thoughts are with you all.

Kelli said...

Thank you lynn, It really does help to know that our friends and family are praying for us. I will let him know.