Thursday, June 29, 2006

The Movies

Am I the only one who loves a good movie with a happy ending??? I am beginning to wonder.
Here's the story.
My friend and I caught the late showing for "The Break-Up" last weekend. We watched about a half hour of previews ( that really did work because I now want to go see those movies too...), we ate a whole tub of buttered popcorn, we drank huge pops ( that made us have to leave in the middle of the movie to pee, numerous times...), we enjoyed Vince's cuteness, we were having a great time until all of a sudden, out of nowhere, the movie was OVER. What??? That was IT??? We looked at each other totally confused. Why does every movie lately have to end right out of the middle of nowhere. I mean, we weren't done watching. They hadn't got back together yet. That's what we were there for, weren't we?? Ok, yes, it was titled "The Break-Up", but did we really think they would stay broke up??? NO. That's not the cute, gushy, lovey, sweet ending like I enjoy. Remember "Rocky". Didn't he always win in the end. Didn't Baby and "Patrick Swayze" get back together at the end of Dirty Dancing. Even in dumb action movies like "Commando", the dad always found the kid and lived happily ever after, right. OK, so that is what I want when I pay almost $20.00 to go see a movie. I don't want to leave the theater depressed, pissed, sad, etc.
As my friend and I were leaving she asked me what I thought happened after the end of the movie....you know, if it were gonna go on like real life or something. I said "I don't know....Crap, I'm still irritated." So she says, "Well, they better get back together, or thats just depressing. " So, I think we decided to just use our imaginations and just let the movie "end" the way that we wanted it too. (In our heads). So there.

2 Yorum var:

Lynsey said...

I heard that movie had a crappy ending! I can't believe it. I totally agree....you're sitting there, enjoying the popcorn, waiting intently on a cool ending, and BOOM. Done. Nothing. Everyone just sits there looking at eachother like "what just happened?" It sucks. I am glad I didn't pay to see it. I'm sure I will rent it once it comes out so that I can see what all the frustration is about.

Kelli said...

Ok, I didn't mean to ruin the whole thing. I mean, there are cute and funny parts. Unfortunatley, the only thing that matters to me in the end is if they live "happily every after..." I am so weird. I know.