Thursday, January 22, 2009

January Happenings......


Lot's of change has been going on around me!!! First and fore-most, we have a new President!!! And he just happens to be the first African American president elected here in America!! It has been a long time coming, if you ask me!!! I am hoping that this puts a whole new light on race relations in the whole world!!! Am I being too hopeful???? Well, anyway, it was an awesome "change of power", and I am hoping to see many positive changes in the future. RE: Iraq, foreign relations, health care, economy, employment, blah, blah. But I do want to point out that I believe we have a long road ahead, and I personally don't expect any miracles to come of this, because it's just not gonna happen. There. The only miracle maker out there for me is the good Lord above. Anyway......

Dani has started Hip Hop again. And I am really proud of myself, because as some of you may know, I sometimes have a hard time asserting myself. But NOT THIS TIME!!! As Dani and I were signing up for the class, I realized that we needed to sign up about 2 months earlier to be eligible to be in the recital in June. So as I was reading that in the fine print I nearly passed out. Just the thought of her not being in the recital nearly brought me to tears. So I tromped up to the desk and I asked the receptionist if what I was reading was true. She informed me it was. So that is when I turned on the "schmoozing". Somehow I walked out of there with Danielle signed up, her classes paid for, a confirmation that she could be in the June recital, and her costumes for the recital paid for. And I really don't know how I pulled it of, but that doesn't matter because I did!!! Yeah, Me.

We are making progress on our remodel. I will try to post the pics sometime soon, but it is looking good. No longer are the days that I am embarrassed to open the front door when there is a knock on it, because as far as the eye can see from the door right now, it looks finished. Even if there isn't any furniture. I'll get to that another day.

I applied and took the test to see if I can work for the 2010 Census. I took the test today, and I must say it was a bit intimidating, but I'm crossing my fingers in hopes that I passed. They need employees to start within the next month or so. Remodeling costs money, you know.

Dani is in Basketball!!! She has had a few practices and one game already! She really enjoys it, (ok, everything except the loud cheers coming from somewhere in the stands....) and she actually scored 25% of the final score on last week's game. YEAH!!! She takes after her mom!!! lol ;-)

Half the school year has past. Wow. It truly seems like Danielle just started the 4th grade, in a new school. All is well, and everything is going awesome in the school department. This is the first school we have been to that is "online". I can get on the computer and look at her grades in each class, go over her assignments, etc. It is really cool. It helps me keep a closer eye on her progress. Not that she needs me too!! ;-) She's always been on the honor roll, so we can loosen up the reigns a bit.

Anyway, that is a quick update. Life has been flying by, but it has been good. Take care, Y'all!!!!

2 Yorum var:

Lynsey said...

call me an idiot, but explain the test to me! What kind of position is it for? I am thinking of trying to find something part-time also. I want some extra cash.

And good job on the classes for Danielle! I love schmoozing....I use it often. :)

Yes post pics on the house please!!! I want to see the progress!

I wish the new president lotsa luck and I hope the economy gets better also. I hate to see all these people without work, especially when they have small children. :(

Kelli said...

go to www.census.gov and you can call the office in your area. They need 150 people in my county and they need that amount or more in others I am sure. It is really flexible, I guess. They just give you a binder and you have to finish by a specific date, on your own time.
Oh, and if you go to that website, there is a practice test. But beware, I thought the practice test was easy but the actual one was much harder.

I agree about the President. Gosh, something needs to happen to help all these people in need. You used to NEVER see homeless people around here, but now you do. It's awful.