Tuesday, January 06, 2009

It's a New Year......


....and all I have been seeing on TV is crap about how to get healthy, eat right, exercise more, loose weight, get out of debt.....etc, etc. I don't know about you guys, but I am getting really tired of listening to random people speculating about why I might have a problem with all of the above....

Yesterday I was watching Oprah. The guy from the "best life" was on the show. Now, I think alot of what he says makes alot of sense. I should probably listen to what he is saying more of the time!! But, one thing that didn't make sense to me was that he said that being hungry really isn't about the food. What??? I don't know about all of you guys, but when I am hungry, it is ALL about the food. My stomach wants food. NOW. I really don't think you can read between the lines on this one, people. I know a hunger pain when I feel one, and I am not going buy into the idea that I am hungry, therefore I must have a miserable life. Nope, not me. I just want a flippin' turkey dinner with all the fixin's and my life will be perfect. :-)

Another thing I heard from Dr. Oz was this. He said that a normal healthy person should not feel tired until they have been up for 12 hours straight and they have worked FULL day. Hmmmm. There is something REALLY wrong with me then, because I seem to get really tired just after breakfast. Can anyone else relate?? I know I can't be the only one out there who gets worn out while watching the morning news.

Oh, and here's a good one about spending money. It's not about the "stuff". Supposedly if you go out and buy a bunch of stuff, you are trying to hide all the underlying issues your life has. Hmmm. The only issue I seem to have at that point in time is that I want a new scarf. And that is quickly solved by just buying it. See, I don't need counseling, I just need a good day at the mall!!! Followed by the food court, of course.

Happy New Year everyone!!!!

4 Yorum var:

Lynsey said...

that is quite possibly your funniest post yet!!

First of all, ya gotta nix Oprah. She's just flat annoying me these days. For instance, whenever she's in the company of Barack Obama, she suddenly has a slight southern accent. Very phony. Can't stand it.

Secondly, I agree with the food thing. "Everything in moderation." If we ALL understood that when you're full- STOP EATING, then I think we'd be a slimmer country. OH, and if we all got off our asses and spent some quality time with our kids as well as getting them outside to play instead of sticking them in front of the TV with a box of donuts, we'd live much longer lives.

Same goes with the spending- if you don't have the cash- don't buy it! Credit cards are lethal little weapons unless you pay them IN FULL every month. Carrying balances on those devils is downright financial suicide in my opinion. Hey- if you have the money for your scarf- then by all means!!! Know what I mean??! I just can't stand the people that continue to throw everything on the credit card, then file bankruptcy when they realize they have no cash flow to pay it off. WTF?

And PS- I also get tired after my morning coffee buzz has worn off. I hate that!

I LOVED this post. I SO relate!

Lynsey said...

PPS- One more gripe about Oprah. She's been all over the news bitching and moaning about weighing 200 lbs. First of all, who cares! Secondly, there are starving children on the streets outside of her many mansions who would kill to put on a little weight! Gimme a freakin break! Who does she think she is? She needs to pipe down about her so-called "problems" because compared to 90% of the economy, I'd say she's got nothing to bitch about.

Ok, now I feel better!

Kelli said...

Oprah has been a nice show to watch in the evenings while I am cooking up dinner. But the thing is, if it starts making me feel BAD while watching it instead of GOOD, it's gotta go. I actually like watching it when it's about people that hoard things and they can't even walk in their own house anymore because they have too much crap, because then it makes me feel like my cluttered mess isn't all that bad compared to theirs. ( I know, it is TOTALLY wrong to get a payoff out of someone elses downfalls...Sorry) ...... But I've had enough of this food business. Don't mess with my food, Oprah!!!
:-)

Kelli said...

Oh, and about the stopping eating when your full business.......Lately I just can't quit if there still is something delicious on my plate. I think I went to one too many office Christmas parties this year. You know the story.....Appetizers, more appetizers, salad, bread, yummy main course, wine, dessert, after dinner drink....etc.