Saturday, April 26, 2008

Tax Relief Checks........


Why is everyone so excited to get their tax relief checks???? Am I the only one out there that thinks the whole "rebate" business is just a crock? Well, let me tell ya, it's not "free" money like you might think it is. I happen to know that it is just a "loan" from your 2008 (next year's) taxes. Yep. If we get our tax rebate this year, we will have to subtract that amount off of next years taxes. Whoopeeeee!!!! My taxes aren't even done yet (thanks to Mr. Slowpoke accountant...), but I am not in a hurry, thank god, as I could really care less if I get a draw from my next years taxes this year. So, for those of you who may not have known that bit of info....I am sorry I let the cat out of the bag. But I have a sneaking suspicion that whoever ( Dub-ya) approved this thinks that everyone that gets their check will go out and buy stuff so the economy gets a bit of help.....I don't know if that will make a difference though, .....because everyone I know is just gonna spend it on gas.....

3 Yorum var:

Lynsey said...

LOL- you're absolutely right! It will all go on GAS! Shopping to "boost the economy" my ass. Nobody can freakin afford to shop.

Lynsey said...

BAM! :-)

Lynsey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.