Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Wow......It's about time....



Alright, don't get me wrong here, I LOVE Idaho. It is beautiful, it has four awesome seasons, and my friends and family are here. So, why am I complaining, you ask??? Well, Idaho has like the LOWEST minimum wage in the nation. Yep, you got to hand it to our state government, don't ya. They are saving the businesses money left and right. But what are they doing for the worker??? Zero. Yep, Zero.
When Idaho lawmakers passed a minimum wage bill this year, they called it the "do-nothing" bill. They decided to sit on the fence and wait around until the feds MADE them raise it up. How nice.
So, today, the Idaho minimum wage will rise up (if you can call it that) to a whopping $5.85/hour. This would have NEVER happened if the feds didn't require it. Think about how much our cost of living has increased lately???? Who thinks $5.85/hour is a living wage??? I'd like to hear from you if you do. Oh, I know "dubya" doesn't have many problems with it, just check out the movie trailer I posted on my myspace account...( www.myspace.com/kellivalerio ) and view the movie clip and see what he thinks about people having to have three jobs at a time to make a living. He thinks it's pretty great. I know they say he is from Texas.....but are we sure he doesn't have Idaho roots????

2 Yorum var:

Lynsey said...

LOL- maybe his ancestors are from Idaho? :-) Who knows. $5.85 is quite a joke, I'll agree to that! It's just pitiful. Plain pitiful to think that someone can survive on that alone.

Kelli said...

Hey, I see you have time for the computer today.......Is baby treating you extra good today??? Who am I kidding, he ALWAYS does.......(Oh, except when his grandma lets him sleep all afternoon....)lol...
:-)